Disclosure: I may earn money or products from companies mentioned in this post. I only recommend products and services I trust to serve you. Purchasing through an affiliate link comes at no extra cost to you. You can learn more here.
I grew up making homemade pecan pie with my mom every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was by far my favorite holiday treat. When we started eating healthier and avoiding things like corn syrup, I sadly gave up my beloved pecan pie. Don’t worry about me too much, I still had apple pie, pumpkin pie, all the pies!
I confess that I have made pecan pie with organic corn syrup but it was just too sweet and I know that even though it was organic, corn syrup is definitely not the healthiest option. What’s a girl to do when she just wants a
HUGE little slice of her favorite pie?
That’s when we set out to find the perfect syrup free pecan pie recipe. I mean, HOW did they make it before corn syrup was invented?
We stumbled on some recipes that used other syrups like agave, maple, or cane. I’m sure that they’re tasty but I just wanted one that used raw sugar instead of any kind of syrup.
We did find a few syrup free pecan pie recipes along the way and tried them out. Then, we found “the one”! It was just the right flavor and consistency without being so sicky sweet.
Now that I’ve done the work for you and HAD to test them out to save you the trouble 😉 , I’ll gladly share the recipe with you.
Original recipe adapted from King Arthur
Old Fashion Syrup Free Pecan Pie
You’ll want to preheat your oven to 375° F. You’ll also want to have a 9″ pie rust ready to go.
Melt your butter and set it aside to cool.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and salt.
Next, add add eggs and milk and mix well.
Stir in vinegar and vanilla then add the melted butter. Now, add pecans and mix well.
Pour into your pie crust and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Check pie for doneness. When there is a 1 1/2″ center that is still a little jiggly but the rest is set, it is done.
Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! Enjoy your pie.
- 9" single pie crust
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons flour ( I use Spelt flour)
- 2⅛ cups organic brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 6 tablespoons raw or organic milk
- 3 large pastured eggs
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Have a 9" pie rust ready to fill. Melt butter and set it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Next, add add eggs and milk and mix well.
- Stir in vinegar and vanilla then add pecans. Pour into your pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Check pie for doneness. When there is a 1½" center that is still a little jiggle but the rest is set, it is done. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
For more great recipes: